Ms. Rammer has edited over 150 research grant proposals from internal pilot funding applications to federal R01 and K award applications, as well as two successful training grants to the National Cancer Institute (R25) and the Fogarty International Center (D43). The scientists she has written and edited for have been awarded over $100 million in funding.
In addition, she has edited hundreds of biomedical research manuscripts, many of which have been published in top journals such as those shown below.
- Shu XO, Zheng Y, Cai H, Gu K, Chen Z, Zheng W, Lu W. Soy food intake and breast cancer survival. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). 2009;302(22):2437–2443. PMID: 19996398
- Wen W, Cho YS, Zheng W, Dorajoo R, Kato N, Qi L, Chen CH, Delahanty RJ, Okada Y, Tabara Y, Gu D, Zhu D, Haiman CA, Mo Z, Gao YT, Saw SM, Go MJ, Takeuchi F, Chang LC, Kokubo Y, Liang J, Hao M, Le Marchand L, Zhang Y, Hu Y, Wong TY, Long J, Han BG, Kubo M, Yamamoto K, Su MH, Miki T, Henderson BE, Song H, Tan A, He J, Ng DP, Cai Q, Tsunoda T, Tsai FJ, Iwai N, Chen GK, Shi J, Xu J, Sim X, Xiang YB, Maeda S, Ong RT, Li C, Nakamura Y, Aung T, Kamatani N, Liu JJ, Lu W, Yokota M,Seielstad M, Fann CS; Genetic Investigation of ANthropometric Traits (GIANT) Consortium, Wu JY, Lee JY, Hu FB, Tanaka T, Tai ES, Shu XO. Meta-analysis identifies common variants associated with body mass index in east Asians. Nature Genetics. 2012 Feb 19;44(3):307–11. doi: 10.1038/ng.1087. PMID: 22344219.
- Zhang W, Shu X-O, Li H, Yang G, Cai H, Ji B-T, Gao J, Gao Y-T, Zheng W, Xiang Y-B. Vitamin intake and liver cancer risk: a report from two cohort studies in China. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2012 Aug 8;104(15):1174–82. PMID: 22811438.
- Chen X, Lu W, Zheng Y, Gu K, Chen Z, Zheng W, Shu XO. Exercise, tea consumption, and depression among breast cancer survivors. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2010 Feb 20;28(6):991-8. Epub 2010 Jan 4. PMID: 20048185.
- Li H, Beeghly-Fadiel A, Wen W, Lu W, Gao Y-T, Xiang Y-B, Cai Q, Long J, Shi J, Chen K, Zheng Y, Shu XO, Zheng W. Gene-environment interactions for breast cancer risk among Chinese women: a report from the Shanghai Breast Cancer Genetics Study. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2013 Jan 15;177(2):161–170. PMID: 23221726; PMCID: PMC3590035.
BioMedEdits can help with a wide variety of projects such as:
- scientific articles intended for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- conference abstracts and posters
- masters theses and doctoral dissertations
- résumés and curriculum vitae
- reviews of manuscripts or grants
- Institutional Review Board applications
- essays for college or graduate school application
- and more!
Contact us, if you have a document not shown here and are not sure whether we can help. We would be happy to assess it free of charge!
"When it's crunch time and that grant or paper is due, she can tune it up and get it back to you very quickly. It is not just that she has the skill and the speed to do this, but she understands what journal editors and grant reviewers are looking for. And she delivers."
"She improves not only the grammar, but also the structure of the sentences, so that the manuscript becomes more readable and clear in expressing the science."